This page is for information gathered from the shooting incident in Buffalo, NY on Saturday May 14, 2022 at the Tops Grocery Store on Jefferson Ave.
At approximately 2:30 pm (ET) in Buffalo, New York, an 18-year-old radicalized White Supremist male went into Tops Supermarket at 1275 Jefferson Ave, Buffalo, NY 14208, and shot 13 people, killing 10, with the intent of killing as many black people as he could, using his modified AR-15. The young male, dressed in tactical gear, streamed it live on his twitch account via a camera attached to his helmet. The stream has since been taken down, but not before several people viewed it and/or downloaded or recorded it. He has been taken into custody, arrested and in the judicial system pending charges and an investigation. Read/Watch my post on this topic: #BuffaloShooting
Photos of the 10 victims dead from the mass shooting [scroll to bottom of page for details]:
My response to the #BuffaloShooting May 14, 2022.
Video footage on the street during President Joe Biden’s visit to Buffalo, New York on Tuesday May 17, 2022.
1. Celestine Chaney, 65, went to buy strawberries to make a shortcake. She was a single mother and breast cancer survivor.
2. Roberta Drury had moved to Buffalo to help her brother recover from a bone marrow transplant. She was just 32-years-old
3. Pearly Young, 77, ran a food pantry in the neighborhood for 25 years, feeding people every Saturday. Her niece said, “She was an individual that just poured out of herself and of her substance you know to help anybody, and she was full of love.”
4. Deacon Heyward “Tenny” Patterson, 67, would frequently give people rides to and from the Tops supermarket and was helping someone load groceries when he was murdered.
5. Katherine Massey, 72, a civil rights advocate called for stricter gun regulations. A community leader, she spent her spare time picking up trash and donating supplies to local schools.
6. Ruth Whitfield, 86, mother of a retired Buffalo Fire Commissioner was the primary caretaker for her husband and was coming home from visiting him in a nursing home when she was killed.
7. Aaron Salter Jr, 55, retired as a police officer after 30 years, working as a security guard for Tops Friendly Market. He fired multiple shots at the shooter, but they bounded off the gunman’s tactical gear.
8. Andre Mackneil, 53 was at Tops getting his 3 year old son’s birthday cake.
9. Geraldine Talley, 62 worked at Tops, and was a sweet, sweet person..who never met a stranger, according to her niece who added, “She was shopping and this man comes out of his neighborhood to attack because of her skin color, because of her ZIP code, you know, because it was predominantly Black.
10. Margus Morrison, 52, who always smiling and being positive, was at the bus stop outside Tops on his way home after shopping. His cousin said he was a “good guy who will be missed.” And his brother asked another cousin to post “You didn’t deserve what happened because of that racist.”
#buffalo #saytheirnames #buffaloshooting