Trump, Shady and K-Gun under fire
(Buffalo, NY) This past weekend on Saturday, September 23, 2017, President Donald J Trump, once again, tweeted his opinion. This time concerning the National Football League. “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL,or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect….” He continued to next tweet saying, “…our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!” That set a firestorm of criticism from several NFL players and owners, prompting franchises to hold team meetings throughout the league before Sunday’s games.
Trump, McCoy, Kelly, Hughes. What do you think of them? [Take the poll]
On September 24, 2017, the teams all over the US (and in London) stood in solidarity before their games. The Buffalo Bills were no different except, one player decided to going all out to protest Donald Trump. LeSean McCoy, the elusive Running Back for the Bills, decided it was a great idea to stretch during the National Anthem, instead of kneeling and/or/ linking arms with his teammates and coaches. Among the linked up Bills was former quarterback and hall of famer Jim Kelly, who openly criticised McCoys actions on a Buffalo radio station Monday morning. To add to the mess, Bills’ defenseman Jerry Hughes adds his criticism of Jim Kelly for talking to the public about his thoughts instead of sharing it with the team first. Several articles were written about this topic including one on the WIVB-TV website: http://wivb.com/2017/09/25/jim-kelly-blasts-lesean-mccoy-following-player-protests-during-anthem/. [more articles below]
- LeSean McCoy‘s criticism of Colin Kaepernick calling him a subpar player [see TMZ Article].
- Jim Kelly stated he lost respect for McCoy after the incident [see Buffalo New article].
- Jerry Hughes fires back at Jim Kelly [see WKBW article]
- Thurman Thomas weighs in on remarks and tweets that President Trump makes, stating “As long as 45 keeps talking, we’re going to have problems.” [see Buffalo New Article].
- Sean McDermott‘s response to Jim Kelly’s comments [see WIVB-TV article]
Tweet your opinion using @BuffaloBills #BillsMafia